Anger Management Northern Rivers, NSW
Do you find yourself getting angry often? Do you have difficulty controlling your temper? Does rage frequently take over, leaving you feeling out of control and regretful? If so, you may benefit from anger management counselling.
Anger is a normal and healthy emotion yet many of us have not learnt how to express this intense emotion in safe and helpful ways. We stuff our feelings down deep inside us hoping they will go away, but suppression is a pre-cursor to anger issues.
If your anger, frustration, impatience, or resentment is persistent, becoming out of your control, or you are at loss to explain it then Anger management counselling can help you understand and control your anger.
Not dealing with your anger emotions in a safe and mature way will impact your life in severe and adverse ways. It causes significant pain and damage in relationships, disrupts, or destroys careers and can causes health issues, including chronic pain
What Is Anger Management Counselling?
Anger Management Byron Shire
Anger management counselling is a form of therapy aimed at helping people to understand and regulate their anger. It facilitates your grown and awareness so you can identify your triggers, feel your emotions, and communicate more effectively.
Anger management counselling teaches you to connect to what is going on below the surface of your thinking mind. When we re-connect to our senses, listen to the information our bodies provide and act early on these signs we accept our anger feelings without judgement and deal with them safely.
Dealing with anger can be difficult, as we are unlearning old, maladaptive, and ingrained ways of coping, and building new healthy habits and behaviours. The work can be challenging but the rewards are immense.
Anger management counselling can help you understand your anger and find healthy ways to deal with it.
Benefits Of Anger Counselling
There are many benefits to anger management counselling. It can help you:
- Understand your anger: Sometimes, people get angry without knowing why. Counselling can help you identify the things that trigger your anger so that you can deal with them in a more constructive way.
- Control your temper: If you have difficulty controlling your temper, anger management counselling can help you learn how to keep your cool in difficult situations.
- Build better relationships: Anger can damage relationships with the people around you. Anger management counselling can help you communicate better and resolve conflicts in a more constructive way.
- Reduce stress: Stress can be a major trigger for anger. Anger management counselling can help you learn how to manage stress in a healthy way so that it doesn’t lead to anger.
- Improve your work performance: Anger can affect your work performance and may even lead to job loss. Anger management counselling can help you identify the things that trigger your anger at work and learn how to deal with them in a more constructive way.
- Regulate your emotions: Uncontrolled emotional responses create distress and contributes to escalation during conflict. Anger management counselling will enable you to identify negative emotions before they erupt, and develop behaviours to express your feelings calmly.
Don’t Let Anger Control You
If you’re struggling to deal with your anger, counselling can help. Research confirms that anger is a learned behaviour, which means it can be relearnt. With the help of a counsellor, you can cope and deal with your anger in a healthy way.
Anne Serry offers a wide range of anger management counselling services to equip you with the tools and skills you need to deal with your anger.
Anne’s anger management program incorporates a range of modalities to help including CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) techniques, emotion focused therapy, ACT and nervous system regulation which are highly effective for treating anger.
If you’re ready to change your relationship to your anger, Anne can help. Contact her today to arrange an appointment.